Nicole Noemi Sanchez
Nicole oversees the firm's appellate, postconviction, and immigration cases.
Prior to joining Escobar and Associates, Nicole worked as a prosecutor in Broward County, Florida for over 3 years. During her time at the State Attorney's Office, Nicole handled cases ranging from DUIs to first degree felonies punishable by life, and tried approximately 35 jury trials and dozens of nonjury trials to verdict. Nicole also served on the State Attorney’s Office’s hiring committee.
Following her time at the State Attorney's Office, Nicole worked as a criminal defense and immigration attorney in Broward, Miami-Dade, and Palm Beach counties. Nicole's knowledge and experience in the fields of immigration and criminal law allow her to navigate her clients through the immigration and criminal court systems while ensuring that their criminal charges are resolved in a way that will not adversely affect their immigration status.
Nicole earned her law degree in 2013 from Nova Southeastern University’s College of Law and was awarded the highest level of distinction in the Pro Bono Honor Program for completing over 300 hours of pro bono service. Nicole completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Central Florida where she majored in Criminal Justice.
Nicole is a native Spanish speaker. She grew up in San Juan, Puerto Rico and graduated from high school in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic where her parents worked at the United States Embassy for the State Department and Department of Justice.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Defense 40%
- Appeals 40%
- Immigration 20%
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Florida, 2013
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2017
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2019
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2019
- Nova Southeastern University College of Law, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- J.D. - 2013
- Honors: Gold Level Pro Bono Honors for providing 300+ hours of pro bono legal services
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- Bachelor of Arts - 2009
- Major: Criminal Justice
Past Employment Positions
- Baret Law Group, P.A., Associate, 2017 to 2019
- State Attorney's Office - 17th Judicial Circuit, Assistant State Attorney, 2014 to 2017