Tampa Bay Child Dependency Attorneys
The attorneys at Escobar & Associates have handled hundreds of child dependency cases in the Tampa, Florida, area. If you are concerned about termination of parental rights (TPR), we have the experience and compassion to help you and your family.
Your Legal Team For Child Dependency Matters
Free Consultation ∙ 813-513-0274 ∙Email
There are many reasons why the state might take action to remove children from parental care. In many cases, the parents understand the reasons, but they want and deserve an opportunity to prove they can be fit parents.
- Reasons for dependency actions: The state may seek dependency because of alleged abuse, abandonment or neglect of a child. The abuse may be physical, sexual or psychological. Even a victim of domestic violence can be accused of failing to protect a child from a violent home life. Neglect can be charged if the home is hazardous or unclean.
- Helping parents: Our law firm helps parents who are facing dependency actions by the state. We help mothers and fathers work out care plans that will assure the safety of the children. A care plan typically lasts for a year, at which time a decision will be made about whether to terminate parental rights.
- Investigation of facts: To ensure that the court has a full picture of the family situation, our investigators will meet with witnesses and obtain evidence of parental fitness.
- Temporary custody: To avoid dependency proceedings, our attorneys are prepared to represent grandparents and other relatives who ask to take temporary custody of a child until the parents are able to regain custody.
- Termination of parental rights: If the state decides to terminate parental rights, talk to a lawyer about how to defend yourself against the allegations.
When you are serious about taking care of your children and regaining your parental rights, contact the Escobar & Associates law firm in Tampa, Florida. Find out why clients have counted on our attorneys since 1986.