Lawyers For Repeat DUI Charges In Tampa
Any DUI conviction can cause long-term damage to many facets of a person’s life. Loss of driving privileges is a serious form of punishment for most people who take part in our car-oriented lifestyle. A criminal record can stall a person’s career and get in the way of many personal goals. Many people, however, recover from the damage caused by one DUI conviction and move forward in life.
Conviction for a repeat DUI offense, however, brings about more serious penalties and consequences. In dollar figures alone, a second or third DUI results in much higher fines in Florida:
- For a first DUI conviction, fines will normally fall between $500 and $1,000, or if blood alcohol level is .15 or higher or there is a minor in the vehicle, between $1,000 and $2,000.
- For a second DUI conviction within five years, these numbers will rise to $1,000 to $2,000 and $2,000 to $4,000.
- For a third DUI conviction within 10 years from the second, these numbers will rise to $2,000 to $5,000 and a minimum of $4,000.
- For fourth and higher DUI convictions, the minimum fine will be $2,000.
Jail times that may be imposed for second, third and fourth convictions increase as follows:
- For a first conviction: a maximum of six months, or if blood alcohol level is .15 or higher, or if there is a minor in the vehicle, a maximum of nine months.
- For a second conviction, these numbers rise to nine months and 12 months, respectively.
- For a third conviction within 10 years, there will be an automatic mandatory imprisonment of at least 30 days; maximum length of imprisonment will be 12 months.
- For fourth or higher convictions, maximum of five years.
Driving privileges are curtailed incrementally for second, third and fourth convictions:
- For a first conviction, a driver’s license will be revoked for 180 days to one year.
- For a second conviction, a minimum of five years.
- For a third conviction, a minimum of 10 years.
- For a fourth or higher conviction, mandatory permanent revocation.
These numbers demonstrate the harsh reality that an aggressive DUI defense is worth your while to pursue. Escobar, Michaels & Associates vigorously defends our clients’ rights. Day in and day out, we are in courtrooms reminding judges and juries that it is not illegal to drink and drive. What is illegal is to drive under the influence of alcohol that impairs driving abilities. We assert this critical difference as we challenge DUI testing protocols, including Breathalyzer results and roadside sobriety exercises.
Accused Of DUI In Tampa? The Lawyers At Escobar, Michaels & Associates Can Help.
If you are serious about your defense after being charged with a Tampa DUI repeat offense, attorneys at Escobar, Michaels & Associates can evaluate your case at no charge. If you want a team of aggressive DUI defense lawyers on your side, contact Escobar, Michaels & Associates in Tampa, Florida. Find out why clients have counted on our legal services since 1986. We represent Florida residents, tourists and students charged with drunk driving in the Tampa Bay area.
Free Initial Consultation ∙ Evening And Weekend Appointments
Payment Plans Available ∙ Se Habla Español ∙ Call 813-513-0274