Tampa Insurance Fraud Attorney
Criminal charges of insurance fraud occur in every insurance industry, including:
- Homeowners insurance
- Health care insurance
- Automobile insurance
- Life insurance
- Workers’ compensation insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Other types of business and professional insurance
Sometimes, the accused is an individual consumer who has allegedly made fraudulent claims for benefits. Sometimes, the accused is a player in the insurance industry who is accused of bad faith insurance practices. Our white collar crime defense clients at Escobar, Michaels & Associates are nearly always individual consumers or businesses such as pharmacies. They stand accused of actions involving criminal intent to defraud in circumstances such as:
- Staged car accidents, enabling illegitimate claims for auto accident insurance benefits
- Alleged arson staged to look like accidental fires, supposedly committed to allow the property owner to file fraudulent claims for insurance benefits
- Other types of deliberate damage to property committed to allow perpetrators to collect on property insurance
- Staged disappearances enacted to allow a life insurance policyholder’s family to collect benefits
- Faked pain, reported to allow for collection on workers’ compensation benefits
- Installation of used car parts after a crash, with billing to insurance by a mechanic for new car parts
- Pharmacies billing Medicaid or private insurance companies for brand name drugs when patients received cheaper generic drugs
Criminal Defense Law Firm In St. Petersburg · “Insurance Scam”? Our Attorney Can Aggressively Defend You Against Charges Of Wrongdoing.
Clearly, criminal charges of fraud often have as much to do with how law enforcement perceives the facts as about the facts themselves. At Escobar, Michaels & Associates, we leave no stone unturned. Our Tampa insurance fraud lawyers aim to expose reasonable doubt as to our clients’ guilt in insurance fraud cases.
Were You Wrongly Accused Of Insurance Fraud? Did Law Enforcement Misconstrue Your Intent?
Our clients who have been charged with white collar crimes, such as insurance fraud, do understand the devastation that a criminal record can bring. Even if there is a reasonable explanation, once a criminal record is in the books, society will judge it as a character flaw. A misdemeanor or felony on your record can be simply disastrous to your future. When you are serious about criminal charges regarding an alleged St. Petersburg insurance scam, attorneys at Escobar, Michaels & Associates can help. Our Florida clients have counted on our effective legal services since 1986.
Your Pursuit Of Justice Starts Here.
Free Initial Consultation ∙ Evening And Weekend Appointments
Payment Plans Available ∙ Se Habla Español